Dr Joseph F. Clark- Brain Injury and Post-Injury Training: NeuroSports 2021
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Dr Clark will chair the Brain Injury and Post Injury Panel at the 2nd Annual Society for NeuroSports conference.
- You can find his full bio here.
- Athletic concussions and traumatic brain injuries have been in the forefront of the public’s focus due to the high-profile injuries, deaths, and lawsuits associated with long-term consequences they have on the players' wellbeing.
- In recent years, the management of TBIs in sports has come under scrutiny from academia and media, both noting the short- and long-term outcomes associated with concussions
- The current data indicates an association of a decreased incidence of concussion among football players during the competitive seasons where vision training was performed as part of the preseason training
- Exciting research coming out of the University of Cincinnati Athletics Department suggests that visual enhancement training can positively impact batting statistics in college baseball players.
Download the video in HD here
Video study reference(s)
Clark JF, Ellis JK, Bench J, Khoury J, Graman P (2012) High-Performance Vision Training Improves Batting Statistics for University of Cincinnati Baseball Players. PLOS ONE 7(1): e29109. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0029109